We celebrated Abby's second birthday on March 15! No, I didn't cry, but I certainly did my fair share of reminiscing. I kept thinking about our two-day stay at the hospital. We were so stressed! Who knew a newborn wouldn't sleep at night? Not us! Poor Abby.
Abby's "party" was held on Saturday the 14th because Chip was on call on her birthday. We bought her a rocking horse, a shopping cart, two puzzles, and a Mickey book.
We've all been sick lately. Abby caught the stomach bug, then I got it. Thank God Chip didn't get it, yet at least. He's dealing with his own problems - coughing!
I've been experiencing nausea for about five months. I went to the doctor and he ordered some lab work and an ultrasound (he suspected it could be my gallbladder), and he referred me to a GI doctor. Well, my lab work and ultrasound revealed nothing. So, I will be seeing a GI doc at the end of April. I'm no stranger to GI issues or doctors. Sigh. They'll probably want to do another EGD. It's possible my H. pylori (bacteria) has returned. Ugh.
I took Abby to her 2-year well-check today. She was wonderful! She is 34 inches long and weighs 25 lbs. She is in about the 50th percentile for height, but only the 25th percentile for weight. They also did some bloodwork - hemoglobin and lead. We were asked to hang around for a few minutes to find out the result of the hemoglobin. Abby's level was 19 - the normal level is 11 to 16. Hmm. They want to re-check it in three months. Me, being me, came home and looked up "high hemoglobin levels." I didn't like what I found. I pray that things return to normal next time. It could be because she is dehydrated; she did vomit for five or six days... In the meantime, I'm trying not to let my mind run wild.
Chip and I want another little one. No luck on that front yet. I'll keep you posted.
'Til next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment