After spending all day touring the city with the kids and a realtor, Chip rejoined us and we then flew to sunny Orlando. On our first full day, Chip and Abby went on a nature walk. When I got back from taking William to the doctor (bilateral ear infection and bronchitis), Abby proudly told me about the treasures she gathered on her walk: "I got weeds, Mama!" I didn't think much about it until I discovered her "weeds" were actually pine straw! Pine straw! How I miss pine straw! And acorns! I swear I feel like being in Buffalo for three years has totally erased the existence of pine straw and acorns from my mind.
In addition to my fond memories of pine needles, here are a few more southern things I really miss:
- Krispy Kreme doughnuts - I single-handedly devoured four chocolate covered doughnuts. Yum.
- Chick Fil-A - Hands down the best customer service anywhere (not to mention awesome food)
- 80 degree temps in November
- Sunshine in November
- Shoney's restaurant, in particular the fish-n-chips with sweet and sour sauce
- Ci Ci's pizza
- Moss
2 comments:
So, we are moving to Louisiana? Ok, we're in.
Oh, Chick-fil-A...it was so lovely to have you for 2 years. We mourn the loss of your spicy chicken sandwich! At least there's one in Albuquerque so I can get a fix when we visit there. :D
Post a Comment