Friday, December 16, 2011

And Those Babes Keep On Talkin'

Seen on the comment board in Abby's classroom: "I need to talk to Obama about that abominal snowman up there. - Abby"  On the way home I asked Abby who Obama was.  She said, "He's our president, and I sent him an email."

Abby and William came bouncing down the stairs, with Abby wearing her doctor's white coat.  "I had to check William's ears because he can't hear well," she said.  Up the stairs they went again.  This time I heard her yell down the stairs, "Mama, I had to check William's private to make sure he didn't have any red spots."  Then I hear her tell William that he needs to come back on Monday.

Abby told her teacher, "My mom is old, and I think she's going to die 'cause she has wrinkly skin."  I asked Abby where my wrinkly skin was.  She pointed to my palms.

I bravely took the kids to buy Chip a Christmas present this evening.  I told Abby - nay, I made her promise - to keep the present a secret.  Later this evening when Chip called, Abby got on the phone and said, "I don't have a secret."

No comments: