Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Time is Nearing

I've never made a countdown chain, but I was inspired to make one two weeks ago.

This time is different: Chip is almost DONE with training!

Hallelujah.

I wasn't sure what Chip would think about this chain, being it was a visual representation of how many days he had left. Would he feel excited or would he be discouraged?

He walked in the door that evening, looked at the chain, and asked, "What's that?"

I said it was a countdown chain. "Each link represents one day, and you can tear one off when you are done with that day," I said, sorta excitedly.

He looked at me, grinned like a little boy, and gave me a huge hug. He loved it.

And I can assure you he has thoroughly enjoyed removing a link each day.

Sixty-six to go...


Why, yes, he IS being goofy. But he is having fun (and that's what it's all about).

No comments: