Saturday, March 8, 2014

Flashback: In the Mood

I was in charge of planning our Valentine's date this year. We chose to celebrate on February 8 (which just so happens to be our BFF's anniversary!), mainly because Chip would be out of town on V-day.
 
To backtrack a little, for weeks I had seen advertised that the Glenn Miller orchestra was coming to town. Chip had no idea who they were, so anytime I mentioned the possibility of going to see them, my eager request fell on unappreciative ears.
 
Left to my own devices, I decided to purchase a couple of tickets to the orchestra, and I made dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant, Stella's Southern Bistro.
 
Chip loved the dinner. I loved the music.
 
Here's my all-time favorite Glenn Miller song, Moonlight Serenade:
 
 
I 'bout near cried when they played it that night.
 
Thanks for "suffering" through the evening for my sake, honey. I love you.


1 comment:

Paul J. Decker said...

Glenn Miller! How can he not know Glenn Miller? Great choice!