I cannot believe my baby girl is starting preschool. It seems like only yesterday she was as small as William is now. My little girl is growing up. *sniff, sniff*
Next Tuesday Abby and William will start attending their child care/preschool. I met with the center's director on Tuesday, and I went back with the kids today. Abby really, really enjoyed herself. She got to meet her teacher, Miss Tina, and she even made new friends! It was so cool seeing all the little girls flock to Abby. They had to check out the new girl. So sweet.
I had a hard time getting Abby to come home with me. She had a great time playing out on the playground. After enticing her back in the building, we checked out her classroom. Her eyes were wide with wonderment. The first thing she noticed was the fish bowl! She loves fish. I'm sure feeding the fish will be one of the duties the kids will take turns doing. How fun.
William had a good time, too. He enjoyed watching all the big kids play on the playground. The babies have their own outdoor play space; it's grassy unlike the big kids' space. William also enjoyed meeting his teacher, Miss Denise. I'm sure he'll be making friends of his own, too. :)
This program is quite expensive, but I know it's where the kids are supposed to be. It was my prayer that God close all doors except one. Well, with every phone call I made, it was clear that God shut many doors. I even called a place and left a message. I never heard back. Thankfully, my decision was very clear cut. And I'm confident in the decision.
In addition to outdoor play time, the kids learn Spanish, computers, karate, music, math, and science. Throughout the year the kids will go on field trips, have pony rides, have a petting zoo visit, and have important community people visit. And I get to participate in all of this via a live web-cam!
It's hard letting go. I don't think the reality has set in just yet. I will definitely miss all those hair-pulling, stressed-beyond-words moments. Maybe. Just maybe. Maybe not.
Enjoy "school," Little Miss Abigail. And bootsie-boo, enjoy your day filled with singin' and swingin' and playin'. Mama loves you both.
No comments:
Post a Comment