Saturday, September 25, 2010

Work, work, work...

Well, I've officially been a work-for-pay Mama for two weeks now.  I have been BUSY!  The hardest part about working outside the home is figuring out how to keep up with all the stuff I have to do at home.  My initial thought was, "Hey, we're not going to be at home as much.  Maybe we won't mess up as much."  Apparently my logic was flawed because we are still just as messy, and it stays messier for far longer than usual.  It's certainly a balancing act; however, I have discovered that we can indeed go a week without washing clothes.

I thought my feet were going to totally give out on me the first two days.  These ol' dawgs have been wearing flip-flops and house shoes for over three years, so imagine their surprise when I started wearing heels.  Yikes.  That's all I'm gonna say about that. 

My first week entailed me meeting-and-greeting pretty much anybody who's anybody.  I pounded the pavement of Buffalo for hours (hence my feet's anger) going hither and thither. 

I've interviewed people.  I've written a corporate announcement.  I've written a feature story for the corporate website and newsletter.  I attended a simulcast.  Oh, and I attended a two-day class, and I'm proud to say I am now a certified change agent.  Impressive, I know. 

My "favorite" memory is from day three, the first day I was on my own for lunch.  I braved the hospital cafeteria.  Boy, talk about feeling like a freshman on her first day of high school.  After figuring out what to get, I paid, and then entered the dining room.  Wow.  It is seriously set up like a school cafeteria: tables along the side and then a mass amount of tables in the center.  And it was packed.  And there were no empty tables.  It was at this point I wished I had gotten my lunch to-go.  I found a table with one woman at it.  I sat down at her table, diagonal her.  She never looked up.  Shortly after I sat down, she left.  I've braved the cafeteria a few times since then.  I'm usually the one (the only one, mind you) sitting by herself.  LOL

I think this job is an excellent fit for me.  Yes, it will keep me extremely busy, but I am confident there is nothing that can be thrown my way that I can't handle. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love you! You are going to do amazing at your new job.