Monday, December 13, 2010

*sigh*

I have a problem.  I wasn't even aware of it.

Two weeks ago I was grocery shopping with the kids, and Abby was being her usual talkative self.  Oh, and she was trying to be a helper, too.  I don't know what she asked or what she grabbed for, but I said something to her.  I could have sworn I heard her sigh.  A woman near us said, "Whoa, I thought I had a good sigh."  I just laughed, and I thought, "Gee, Ab's sigh didn't sound that exaggerated."

A few days later we were at Abby's ballet class.  For the first time in months she told her teacher that she needed to go to the bathroom.  I was a little annoyed because Abby had just told me she didn't need to go to the potty.  I took her to the bathroom, William in tow, and helped her undress.  Then Abby looked at me and said, "Mama, why are you mad at me?"  I said, "I'm not mad at you, honey!  Why would you think that?"  She replied, "Because you said *sigh*."  She let out a long, exasperated sigh. 

It really astonished me because I truly did not notice that I sighed.  Maybe the woman in the grocery store was talking about my sigh.  I don't even think I'm aware of it anymore.  *SIGH*

1 comment:

Jessica said...

God is trying to teach us the same thing.