Abby's 5th birthday has certainly been one to remember.
We discovered that Maddie needed to have surgery Tuesday, just two days before Ab's birthday, which left me wondering if we were going to be able to hold our preplanned celebrations. We got home from the hospital Wednesday afternoon, and decided we would go ahead with taking Abby out to dinner.
Chip and I took Abby to her "fravorite" restaurant, The Melting Pot. To my surprise, Chip had called ahead and made reservations and told them we were celebrating a birthday. Our table was set up with balloons, chocolate and a keepsake newsletter just for Abby. I had tears in my eyes - it was such a thoughtful gesture on Chip's part. At the end of dinner, the staff came and took a picture of the three of us and then gave us the framed photo.
Thursday was her actual birthday, and we didn't do much. The kids and I played outside in the unseasonably warm weather. Even I joined in the fun by swinging. I asked Abby to push me, and she said, "This is fun! It's like I'm pushing an elephant!" I laughed. A lot.
And her birthday celebration contines. In a short while, we will be going to her birthday party. Her first party.
Until I post pictures of that event, here are some shots from her birthday at home.
 |
| Go Fish! William felt so left out... |
 |
| Thanks, Uncle Jay and Aunt Lauren, for starting our girl out right. |
 |
| Abby's ready to fight now. Thanks again, Uncle Jay and Aunt Lauren. :) |
 |
| Cha-ching! |
 |
| Her first princess tea set. |
 |
| Thanks, Papa. You always knew she wanted a swimming baby doll, right? |
 |
William couldn't wait to open the text messengers.
*Parents: Don't let your kids play with scissors. No kids were injured during this photo session. |
No comments:
Post a Comment