On occasion, I can actually pass by security at the casino without being ID'ed. I consider this a long awaited rite of passage. I finally looked 18. But, as I recently discovered, I look a whole lot older than that. Consider the following:
* I told Abby we would go out of town soon. She asked, "What are we celebrating?" "It's Mommy and Daddy's 10-year anniversary," I replied. Abby scooted over to me and patted my arm. "You sure are an old one, aren't you."
* Abby examined me and Chip and after much consideration said, "You don't look like you are married; you look like ordinary people who live together." I laughed and said, "What do married people look like?" "Well," she started, "you don't look the same. Daddy looks so young and you ... you look so old."
* "Mama, I'm healthy," Abby boasted. "Not like you. You are old and unhealthy."
I could go on, but I won't. Frankly, I can't remember anymore of Abby's quips (could be related to the "old" age thing).
Funny. Seriously, I'm laughing.
No comments:
Post a Comment