My initial thought was, "There's a little person. Don't stare, don't stare... Oh, and look, he brought his daughter with him." But it wasn't his daughter; it was his wife! And it was then that it dawned on me that...
I shop at the same Target as Bill Klein and Jen Arnold, TLC's The Little Couple!
I tried not to gawk, not at their size, but at WHO they were! After I convinced myself not to run over and ask for an autograph (only because no one else seemed to even notice them), I calmly walked to the register.
Dr. Arnold works at Texas Children's Hospital, the same one as Chip. He's told me on several occasions that he sees her riding through the hospital on her motorized chair. But what happened to Chip the morning after my star-struck shopping experience was quite serendipitous.
Chip was walking by the NICU and he saw lots of people gathered around with lights and mics and cameras. It was then that one of his attendings called him over, and lo and behold, Dr. Arnold was there talking about a patient.
Long story short, Chip was filmed talking about said patient. Then he was asked to sign lots of releases that basically said this clip could be shown in the show!
Ah! How awesome would that be? Dr. Hartin making his national TV debut...
I will certainly be watching the new season, which starts April 30.

2 comments:
That's AWESOME!!!
Got my DVR set!!
Post a Comment