All this was in the back of my mind when I scribbled a quick love note and put it in Abby's lunch box yesterday morning.
At school that afternoon Abby ran to me and started crying. "Mommy, I missed you so much," she said. "Thank you for the note. It made me love you."
I apologized for upsetting her with my note, but she assured me it was sweet; it just made her miss me all afternoon.
On our walk to the car, she told me that she threw the napkin away, but then she went back to the garbage can and told the janitor that she wanted it back. She said, "I told him, 'Could I get that, please? I want to recycle it.'"
I just laughed and told her that it is OK to throw away the napkins.
Last night as I cleaned out her backpack, I wondered about the condition of the napkin that she pulled out of the trash to "recycle." This is what I found:
My little tenderhearted baby. She's just like her Mama.
2 comments:
Oh, Punkin, you made me cry....Those notes mean as much to the parent as it does to the child. Mine were "guilty notes" because we always had to hurry, hurry, hurry off to school and work. Then after school you were at a sitter's until I came home...You are such a good Mommy!!
She seems to be a "gift" lover...just like Avery.
Post a Comment