"Everyone, sit up straight with good posture and listen to this rhythm. Do you understand?" she asked.
" 'Stand," William replied.
"You don't tell me ''stand,' William. You have to say yes ma'am."
"Yes, ma'am," William said, nodding his head.
"OK, listen to the beat and follow along," Abby demanded. William and I tried to keep up with the unsteady rhythm. "No, no, no!" she shouted. "You have to FEEL the music! Don't you understand?!?"
At the end of the lesson, teacher Abby issued a report card. I did well; William, on the other hand, did B-A-D.
| Abby drew an outline of the instrument she wanted to create. |
| The instrument was largely percussion and from the culinary family. |
| Here's the report card. On the left is a picture of William (with the 'W' above it). Underneath is his grade of BAD. I'm on the right with the 'G' for "GOOD". |
No comments:
Post a Comment