Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Report Time!

I remember my kindergarten report card. I've still got it. It was simple: there were stick figure drawings, and we were "graded" on things like "Plays well with others" and "Knows the ABC's." The grades were either "S" for satisfactory, "N" for needs improvement, or "U" for unsatisfactory. So imagine my surprise when I got Abby's report card yesterday ...


Holy moly. She's got grades for social studies, science, art, music, PE, math and language arts. The S's, N's and U's were replaced with 1s, 2s or 3s, with 3 being the "best."

Little Miss got ones in these areas:
    * "Constructs graphs using real objects or pictures in order to answer questions"
    * "Use information from a graph of real objects or pictures in order to answer questions"
    * "Shows appreciation for the creative work of others"

Guess I gotta step it up on the homework.