I was brushing my hair one morning, thinking about having to start over - find a new church, make new friends, get the kids involved in extracurriculars, etc. The thought of it was a bit tiring. I had almost come to the conclusion that since we were only going to be here for nine months, it wasn't that important to be involved in things. Would anyone notice if we didn't make it to church every Sunday? Would people be affected negatively if I didn't join a play group or run the social circuit? I didn't think so. It just seemed so silly to put that much effort into something that was going to be short lived.
Then a voice came to me just as clearly as if someone standing beside me had said it.
"You don't think nine months is enough time for me to do anything?"
Point taken. As I've met people and gotten myself and the kids involved in various things, I can certainly see that there are things in God's master plan that I was meant to be part of - right here in Houston.
I'm seeing more clearly now.
No comments:
Post a Comment