Here are a few laughs on this beautiful Friday:
Vicarious Generosity
A few weeks ago Abby heard a presentation at school about homelessness in Houston. She's been burdened about it ever since, and she wants to do something about it. Yesterday she told me that we should donate blankets, but then she started crying because she couldn't handle the thought of having to donate her blankets. Then she said, "I have an idea! We could make some, and then donate those." That was the end of the conversation.
This morning Abby and William came into my room, and Abby said, "William has something to tell you." William, who still had sleep in his eyes, just grinned and held out his green and yellow blanket -- his favorite security blanket. Abby said, "No! You have to say this," and she pulled him back and whispered in his ear.
With big, proud eyes, William said, "You can donate my blanket."
Abby was pleased, and she said, "I get really cold at night, so that's why I can't donate mine."
Crazy about Babies
On the way to school this morning Abby asked (completely out of the blue, mind you), "Mama, if God gives you another baby, will you go psycho?"
I laughed, and asked, "What does that mean, Abby?"
"That means you would go crazy."
"Why would I go crazy?"
"Well, you said you don't like babies."
Southern Snow
And, finally, as the Northeast prepares to be buried in snow today, the kindergartners at Abby's school had a snow day of their own. A company came this morning and made snow for the kids. Here they are; they were like little ants on a mound hill.

No comments:
Post a Comment